Rethink how you should introduce yourself by starting from where you want to go – and not where you have been. Engage people with your vision, not bore them with the past.
By creating a two way dialogue with that new person, potential employer or even a new friend – give and take in the conversation is the best and only way to create a connection and start creating mutual respect to move forward.
Here’s a brilliant new way to approach when it comes to pitching yourself for a new job or new …whatever.
- Explain how to respond when a person says, “Tell me about yourself.”
- Recognise the main purpose of a pitch.
- Recall the effects of a well-delivered pitch on a potential customer.
- Identify the most important part of a pitch.
- Summarise the difference between a backstory and a background.