Auckland Council is looking forward to restrictions again easing for the building, construction and land development sectors.
We want to keep you informed of changes to how we are operating and what they will mean to you and the industry.
In this bulletin, we will outline Alert Level 1 services that we are providing, as well as any protocols that need to be followed regarding:
- Lodging applications
- Coordination of technical input
- Asset Inspection
Auckland Council will continue to monitor the situation given the changing conditions and respond in accordance with the government’s direction.
Applications – Apply Online Here
We can confirm we will be providing the following services under COVID-19 Alert Level 1:
- Digital processing of engineering approvals is continuing, and limited hard copy processing has resumed at service centres. Hard copy processing is not available at our community hubs or libraries. Click below to lodge your application online
- Customer meetings and advice (e.g. free advice and pre-application meetings) are being offered via phone, online conferencing (e.g. Microsoft Teams) or face to face at Service Centres
- Section 224(c) input will proceed as normal
- Structural and development engineering input is continuing into resource consent applications, building consents and assessment of engineering plan approval applications – including coordination of advice from Auckland Transport, Watercare, Healthy Waters, Parks, Community Facilities and all other technical inputs
- Physical site visits and inspections can take place at sites that have appropriate COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place
If you need more information, you can lodge a request for information (RFI) by calling our contact centre on (09) 301 0101 and our team will get back to you.
Asset inspections by Development Engineers are available. You can book inspections as usual by contacting your Development Engineer.
For asset inspections, each site must provide:
- A sign-in register at the entry point for workers and visitors
- Wash stations with soap or hand sanitiser
- Signage installed at sign-in point and throughout the site outlining the commitment of the site to maintaining COVID-19 controls